ΣΥΜΜΕΤΟΧΗ ΤΟΥ ΛΥΚΕΙΟΥ ΤΩΝ ΕΛΛΗΝΙΔΩΝ ΣΤΟ ΕΥΡΩΠΑΪΚΟ ΠΡΟΓΡΑΜΜΑ WHOLODANCE
Project Number: 688865
Project Acronym: WHOLODANCE
Project title: Whole-Body Interaction Learning for Dance Education
Periodic Technical Report
1. Explanation of the work carried out by the beneficiaries and Overview of the progress
Wholodance aims at developing and applying breakthrough technological tools that will assist dance teachers, students, choreographers, professional dancers and researchers in their desktop and dance-studio work, stimulating their innovative thinking and creativity. The main objectives of the project are summarized below:
- Develop a large library of dance movements based on data acquired through motion capture (mocap) sessions and annotated in a manner that allows data interpolations, extrapolations and synthesis, making it possible to preserve cultural heritage, and in the long-term creatively enrich it.
- Develop a ‘blending engine’: a powerful tool that will allow choreographers and dance teachers to blend and assemble an infinite number of dance motions from the library of movements, stimulating the development of novel choreographic methods.
- Automate the analysis of expressivity and movement qualities in non-verbal dance data by applying similarity search tools and techniques for emotional content analysis, opting to facilitate the investigation of principles, vocabularies, mental imagery and simulation connected to dance practises, and stimulate the development of new research domains.
- Develop life-size volumetric displays (avatars) of dance masters’ motions that will enable dancers to self-assess their own body alignment and technique by comparison, stimulating the development of novel teaching and learning methods.
- Provide access to the developed library of movements through commercially available consumer grade motion capture devices like the MS Kinect, Intel’s real sense and others that will be easily accessible by a wide audience.